amiibo are Nintendo's entry into the Toys to Life brand of figurines that are compatible with video gaming. Unlike most figurines in this brand of toy line, rather than being restricted to one specific game they are usable across mutliple games developed by Nintendo. This gives players bonus content across multiple games for one purchase.
The following is a list of Bayonetta related games that feature amiibo compatibility.
The Nintendo Switch version of Bayonetta 2 features all-new amiibo functionality. Scanning any amiibo can give you items, including Halos, lollipops, and ingredients to brew items. Scanning any of the following amiibo can give you a special Nintendo costume:
- Link/Toon Link/Young Link (any series)
- Peach (any series)
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus (any series)
The following amiibo can unlock the Chain Chomp weapon immediately:
- Bowser (any series)
- Bowser Jr.
- Koopa Troopa
The Super Smash Bros. Bayonetta amiibo gives you all the bonus costumes from the Super Mirror 2 from the start, without having to unlock them manually. The Player 2 variant gives you costumes from the original Super Mirror, as well as the Nintendo costumes with Bayonetta's old hairstyle, except for the Star Mercenary costume.
Each amiibo gives an amount of Halos and 3 different items from its item pool, which increases in quality based on how many amiibo you've scanned that day.
Rewards Categories (based on number of amiibo scanned):
- 1: 4,000 + Ingredients
- 2-5: 8,000 + Ingredients / Lollipops
- 6-10: 12,000 + Lollipops
- 11-20: 16,000 + Red Hot Shot / Midas Testament / Mega Lollipops
- 21-32: 20,000 + Red Hot Shot / Midas Testament / Mega Lollipops
Max Possible Gifts (32 Scanned in one day):
- Halos: 496,000
- Up to 5 of each Ingredients
- Up to 9 of each Lollipop
- Up to 22 of each Mega Lollipop, Red Hot Shots, and Midas Testament
Trick: If you change the date forwards in the system settings then you have a new day's worth of scanning available! (Note: this does NOT work backwards. You can not scan any amiibo on a date that is set before the latest day you have ever scanned even one amiibo.) Also, this can be done without even leaving the Gates of Hell in-game! Hit [Home], go to System Settings > System > Date & Time (turn off Synchronize Clock via Internet) and adjust the date forward one day.
In the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. 4 players can use amiibo to train powerful AI to fight. amiibo can get up to Lv. 50, with a boost in attack speed, attack strength, and durability. They are also able to learn how to recognize and remember battle patterns and strategies to help them win.
The Bayonetta amiibo can be used for the same purpose in the next game in the franchise. Additionally, info from the previous game will allow the amiibo to start off its Ultimate data stronger than without.
Bayonetta amiibo figures
The following is a list of Bayonetta themed amiibo and their game's compatibility.
Super Smash Bros. 4
The last wave of amiibo figures including Bayonetta was announced on April 12, 2017. There are two variants of the Bayonetta amiibo. The first figure is based off her default costume, which will be available anywhere. The second figure, officially referred to as "Player 2", is based off her alternate costume (her Bayonetta 1 design), and is exclusive to Best Buy.
List of compatible Games
Specifically Reads for Bayonetta
- Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Switch version only)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- amiibo Tap
- Captian Toad Treasure Tracker
- Chibi-Robo Zip Lash
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- Hyrule Warriors/Legends/Definitive Edition
- Kirby: Planet Robobot
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Mario Party 10
- Mario Party Star Rush + Party Guest Edition
- Mario Sports Superstars
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force + Blast Ball Demo
- Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge
- Pokkén Tournament
- Style Savvy: Fashion Forward
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Word Puzzles by POWGI
- Yoshi's Woolly World + Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World
- To celebrate the release of the Bayonetta amiibo a member of the PlatinumGames staff brought in their entire Super Smash Bros. amiibo collection to the main PG Office building.
|Handguns • Scarborough Fair • Onyx Roses • Shuraba • Kulshedra • Durga • Odette • Lt. Col. Kilgore • Sai Fung • Bazillions • Pillow Talk • Rodin • All 4 One|
|Love Is Blue • Rakshasa • Alruna • Kafka • Chernobog • Undine • Takemikazuchi • Salamandra • Master Sword • Arwing Guns • Chain Chomp • Umbran Armor • Unforgiven • Holy Glaive|
|Affinity • Dear and Decorations • Enchant • Applaud • Ardor • Irenic • Beloved • Kinship • Fairness • Grace and Glory • Fearless • Harmony • Inspired • Braves • Gracious and Glorious • Joy|
|Acceptance • Belief • Accolade • Valiance • Cachet & Compassion • Urbane • Enrapture • Fidelity • Gravitas • Allegiance • Hideous • Hatred • Fury • Pain • Pride • Greed • Malicious • Resentment • Sloth|
|Contracted Demons • Gomorrah • Malphas • Hekatoncheir • Scolopendra • Phantasmaraneae • Little Devils • Madama Butterfly • Madama Styx • Queen Sheba|
|Labolas • Mictlantecuhtli • Baal • Hydra • Diomedes • Carnage • Madama Khepri • Omne • Fortitudo • Temperantia|