Hierarchy of Laguna
- "Amongst the spiritually powerful of the Middle Ages, it was thought Paradiso held for all a Divine Will, and as a result, they developed heavenly logic. The concept of the "Cardinal Virtues" was born of this logic, and classifies Paradiso's Divine Will into four broad groups. These Cardinal Virtues occasionally become physical manifestations of the great intentions of Paradiso, and are known as the Laguna, inspiring awe in the masses." 
The Auditio serves as some of the highest-ranking and most powerful members of the Hierarchy of Laguna and of Paradiso's residents in general. The Auditio are colossal in size, strength, and power. Whether they hold commanding dominion over all of Paradiso or just the forces of Laguna is unknown, however, they are certainly some of the most dangerous set of beings, capable of rivaling some of the more powerful Infernal Demons.
Although their personality varies from one another, members of the Auditio serve to enforce the will of Jubileus, The Creator, holding reverence for the former as well as Aesir and his split personality, Loptr.
Lesser aspects of the Divine Will. They are clone-like creatures, being weaker incarnations of the four Cardinal Virtues. As such they are much smaller and weaker than the virtue they are affiliated with, but none-the-less serve as dangerous enemies. They are all encountered after the associated Cardinal Virtue has already been destroyed by Bayonetta.
List of Auditio
Being a group composed of four entities that are from the higher ranks of Paradiso's hierarchy and associated with classical elements, the Auditio seems to be based on medieval grimoire descriptions of the archangels.
- Iustitia's circular body with many faces is similar to religious descriptions of Cherubim, the second-highest order of angels.
- Fortitudo's design could be seen as a cross between a Cherub (which has the faces of multiple animals), and a Seraphim (who are, in mythology, draconic angels).
- Sapientia's name comes from the word sapience, which means "to have judgement". The English word "sapient", which means "showing wisdom and judgement", is also derived from the same word. As its title "cardinal virtue of prudence" suggests, it's based on this virtue.
- Temperantia's name is the Latin language of word, "Temperance".
- In Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, multiple figures of Temperantia appear. How or why this is the case is not explained.
- None of the Auditio have personalities that fit their corresponding virtues, displaying personalities that are quite contrary to them:
- Fortitudo attempts to discourage Bayonetta and tempt her to stop fighting.
- Temperantia is unable to resist his anger the more damage Bayonetta does to him.
- Iustitia, while arguably being the only Auditio that has an ideal personality, only desires justice for the angels, instead of an actual fairness for all of humanity.
- Sapientia is cruel and rude to both Bayonetta and Jeanne when speaking to them.
- In the first game of the series, all the bosses, despite the fact that most of them are angels and their supporters, the creatures of light (except for Jeanne), represent one of the seven deadly sins:
- Fortitudo — Sloth.
- Temperantia — Wrath.
- Iustitia — Greed.
- Sapientia — Gluttony.
- Bayoneta & Bayonetta 2 - Fortitudio's entry in Hierarchy of Laguna: "Amongst the spiritually powerful of the Middle Ages, it was thought Paradiso held for all a Divine Will, and as a result, they developed heavenly logic. The concept of the "Cardinal Virtues" was born of this logic, and classifies Paradiso's Divine Will into four broad groups.These Cardinal Virtues occasionally become physical manifestations of the great intentions of Paradiso, and are known as the Laguna, inspiring awe in the masses."
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
|Handguns • Scarborough Fair • Onyx Roses • Shuraba • Kulshedra • Durga • Odette • Lt. Col. Kilgore • Sai Fung • Bazillions • Pillow Talk • Rodin • All 4 One|
|Love Is Blue • Rakshasa • Alruna • Kafka • Chernobog • Undine • Takemikazuchi • Salamandra • Master Sword • Arwing Guns • Chain Chomp • Umbran Armor • Unforgiven • Holy Glaive|
|Colour My World|
|Affinity • Dear and Decorations • Enchant • Applaud • Ardor • Irenic • Beloved • Kinship • Fairness • Grace and Glory • Fearless • Harmony • Inspired • Braves • Gracious and Glorious • Joy|
|Acceptance • Belief • Accolade • Valiance • Cachet & Compassion • Urbane • Enrapture • Fidelity • Gravitas • Allegiance • Hideous • Hatred • Fury • Pain • Pride • Greed • Malicious • Resentment • Sloth|
|Contracted Demons • Gomorrah • Malphas • Hekatoncheir • Scolopendra • Phantasmaraneae • Little Devils • Madama Butterfly • Madama Styx • Queen Sheba|
|Labolas • Mictlantecuhtli • Baal • Hydra • Diomedes • Carnage • Madama Khepri • Omne • Fortitudo • Temperantia|